Tuesday, October 29, 2013

THOUGHTS ON HAMLET (IN PROGRESS)

When we first began reading Hamlet, I knew very little regarding the play's plot and characters. However, as we continued to read the play, my thoughts on Hamlet's character changed completely. At the beginning of the play, I felt sort of sorry for Hamlet due to the fact that he had just lost his father and he was mourning greatly for his loss. As the play continued, I soon began to realize that Hamlet seemed to be doing everything in his power in order to seek revenge on Claudius. When Hamlet killed Polonius, an innocent man, and acted as if he didn't care my views on Hamlet's character changed significantly. Hamlet, once a young boy who was mourning for his father, changed into a boy who had "gone mad" and was doing everything in his power to kill his father's murderer. Based on Hamlet's change in character, I still cannot seem to figure him out as a character. As the play continues, I predict that more deaths will occur. I predict that both Hamlet and Claudius will die, I just do not seem to know when or how. 

No comments:

Post a Comment