Monday, August 19, 2013

REFLECTIONS ON WEEK 1

1. The only factor that may affect my participation and experience in this class is my ability to access the internet. I don't always have internet access at home, however, I do have a smartphone so I believe that I will be able to make things work.  

2. An awesome learning experience that changed me was the backpacking expedition that I participated in last summer. While on my expedition I learned about myself and who I truly am as an individual. Not only did I learn outdoor skills that will benefit me in the future, but I also learned how to work with others, take chances, and be confident with myself. My expedition took place in the canyons and mountains of Colorado. I, along with thirteen other students and three leaders, spent a total of two weeks backpacking and a week volunteering at the Navajo Reservation and learning about the Navajo culture and their traditions. On the trip, I learned that I'm a hands on type of learner; I learn by doing. I also learned that I work much better with others than I do on my own.

3. The thing I'm most concerned about in this class is keeping up with the workload. I still have not been able to grasp on to the idea of open source learning, but I look forward to doing so. I 'm also looking forward to learning how to become a much better writer and critical thinker, as well as fully understanding the concept of open source learning. Not only will these skills prepare me for the future, but give me the opportunity to share my thoughts and ideas with others (something I never thought I'd be comfortable doing).     

No comments:

Post a Comment